You have planned the perfect outdoor venue for your wedding ceremony! But… have you also planned what to do if the weather turns terrible on your wedding day?
Here are my tips on how to plan for such an eventuality;
- Have a ‘Plan B’ right from the start of your planning so you know exactly what you will do and you wont be stressed trying to decide what to do 30mins before you are due at your ceremony.
- For your ‘Plan B’ if you have an indoor venue for your reception that would be the first and most convenient place for you to try to organise for your ceremony to be moved. Most venues are usually accommodating for this as your back up plan.
- Is there some shelter nearby at your outside venue – we just move the ceremony to the shelter if appropriate.
- Have a good number of umbrellas available to hand around to guests at the ceremony. If it is already rainy most guests will bring their own brollies.
- Have your groomsmen ready with large clear umbrellas to hold over you and your bridal party. This is only suitable when the weather is showery but doesn’t work well for a torrential downpour!
- Get dropped as close to your ceremony venue as possible – drive the car right up whenever possible to get your bridal party close to the entry. You may have to forgo some of the beautiful walk in that you had planned to do!
- Make the call to move your ceremony venue at least several hours before the arrival time so that all your guests can be notified in time. You then have time to relax yourself, having that settled beforehand!
- If you cannot make any other arrangements to get out of poor weather on the day…. you must EMBRACE the weather and determine to enjoy your celebration rain, hail or shine!!!